My WordPress training solution
I've been training my own web design clients for many years on how to update their websites. I'm now offering this service to anyone with a WordPress website anywhere within a time zone that is friendly to NZ standard time.
The training is individual to your needs and your website set up. It is not a set course you work though, it's one-on-one virtual training on how to use your specific website. I'll show you how your website has been set up, what you can change, and what you should probably leave to the professionals.
The WordPress training process
All training sessions are one hour in length and the fee is $95 + GST.
The training is conducted via Zoom. You will be logged into your website's admin 'back end' and share your screen with me.
The first session is our Discovery Session. We take a look at how your website has been built. I'll highlight any problems I spot, and if we have time, we'll look at doing basic page updates.
Subsequent sessions will be designed based on what you want to learn how to do. Review the options below to see what we can cover in other sessions.
WordPress Training Cost
The fee is $95 + GST NZD.
Each session is up to an hour long.
What we might cover in the website training session
Here are some suggestions on what we might cover in your WordPress training sessions.
- Basic photo editing
- Sourcing free and commercial photos
- How to take your team photos like a pro
- How to add links between pages
- How to upload a PDF file and link to it
- How to update your menu system
- Creating website enquiry forms
- How to use Page Builders
- Updating banners and slideshows
- How to structure your website content
- Laying pages out for mobile users
- Keeping WordPress up to date
- Doing WordPress backups
- Installing/updating plugins
- Creating new users
- Updating / installing new themes
- Customising themes
- Security measures you can take to help protect your site
- Adding two-factor authentication
- Fixing web form delivery issues
SEO & Marketing
- Basic search engine optimisaton (SEO)
- How to publish a blog post
- Creating FAQ sections
- Creating call to actions
- Designing landing pages for your advertising campaigns
- Adding chat to your website
- Email subscriber forms linked to the site
- Social media sharing
- Linking forms to a CRM system
This website training is ideally suited for:
- Office administrators
- Executive assistants
- Marketing managers
- In-house marketing coordinators
- Self-employed or freelancers who need their site to work super hard for them
- Anyone delegated with doing the website updates, blogs etc
What I will need:
- What you want to know
- A quiet time to train you.
- A zoom call booked (I'll send you a link)
What if you don't have a web designer anymore?
If no one is actively taking care of your WordPress website needs, there may well be problems that you're not aware of (like plugins with security issues or unlicensed commercial plugins). This is often quite evident in our first 'Discovery' session.
If we find a lot of issues with the website, I'll recommend a WordPress checkup before we do any further training.